Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I usually buy cheaper printers but when I got my OfficeJet Pro 6830 I decided I’d pay double the price I usually pay for a “good” printer that would last me a lot of years. More fool me I will not be doing that again. 

Not only has my printer broken when it was never really heavily used, you’ve stopped providing any level of support for it. Not even the parts for me to have a go at fixing it myself. 

What a waste of my hard earned money!

Problem with printhead that no online advice has been able to solve. Seems to be a common defect in this product from what I can tell.

I’d love the opportunity to just try to buy and install a new one but since you tell me I can’t have any parts for it and I’m eligible for a new printer (thanks for offering me the chance to give you loads more cash for something that will break and you won’t support for long!!!) I am now stuck with something only worth putting in the bin. 

This is a printer. NOT a mobile phone. I don’t want yearly/bi-yearly upgrades. I want a good quality home printer that will work for years and I can have serviced and/or buy parts for. What sort of consumers do you think you have that want to get the latest and greatest gadget that puts ink on paper every year?

Just to rub my nose in it further I was about to start using my printer a lot more often and had just subscribed to your ink scheme ... got the cartridges just in time for them to be absolutely useless for me. More money wasted with you. 

What do you suggest I do with both this expensive lump of lifeless black plastic and the 4 brand new ink cartridges I have?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can buy printheads on eBay and you have YT videos on how to replace a printhead on OJ 6830.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I can see unofficial printheads on EBay that I could pay for and subsequently see rejected by the printer .... and I know how to install a printhead as I have taken this one out to clean it in attempt to get it working - but this is not the point. HP should not be selling defective products and then withdraw support within a small window and then suggest paying for a brand new printer.

I would be  appeased if they could still supply the parts in the very least but they give you two options:

1) Buy third party parts that have a likelihood of not working and install yourself. 
2) Give HP more money for a new printer .... like o said in my original post .. I specifically paid twice my usual amount on a printer to avoid this crap. 

HP Recommended

@Andyfromleeds

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.