Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
office jet 4655
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

Phone and Tablet (Android 8.1) will not print wirelessly via wi-fi.  Wants me to setup and use Google Cloud Print.  Laptop and Desktop (Win 10) work just fine wirelessly via wi-fi.  HP Print Service Plugin is installed  on phone and tablet.  Thanks in advance.   

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Headclam

Welcome to HP forums.

Check printing settings and status on the Android device.

1. On your Android device, tap Settings , tap Connected devices or Connections, and then tap Printing.

2. Confirm HP Print Service is listed and the status is On. Tap Add service if the service is not listed to install it.

3. Return to the Settings, and then select Apps or Applications.

4. Select Show System Apps from the More menu .

5. Select Print Spooler, or tap Storage, and then select Print Spooler.

6. Tap Clear Data or Force Stop.

7. Restart the device.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

You can also print connect your printer to Google cloud print

1. Turn on the printer and load plain paper in the input tray.

2. Make sure ink or toner cartridges are installed.

3. Make sure the printer is connected to the same network as your Android device.

4. On your Android device, download and install the Cloud Print plugin (in English) from the Google Play Store.

5. After the installation completes, open the Settings menu.

6. In the search field, type Printing, and then tap Printing.

7. Next to Cloud Print, tap On, and then turn off any other print service plugins, if necessary.

8. Tap Cloud Print, tap the main menu icon , and then select Add printer.

The plugin detects any printers on the network.

9. Tap the printer you want to add, and then tap OK.

10. Confirm the registration on the printer control panel or follow the instructions on the page that prints.

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.