cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Photosmart 7350 Print 4x6

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7350 Q1603A
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP Photosmart 7350 will print from media card however when try to print 4x6 photo paper from laptop get error "can't print full page" (does same on A4).  have matched all the printer properties to 4x6 so at a loss.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,780 5,750 352 388
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mangapapa,

I'd like to help!

Launch the HP print driver window from common Windows applications and learn how to navigate the different tabs and menus.

1. Open the document or photo on your computer, click File or the menu icon , then click Print.

A Print or Print Pictures window or pane opens with general print job settings, including the menu to select the printer you want to print to.

2. Open Document Properties or Printing Preferences from the main print window or pane to access the HP print driver settings. The button or link name varies depending on the app you are printing from.

• Microsoft Word: Click Printer Properties

• Paint and WordPad: Click Preferences

• Windows Photo Viewer: Click Options... in the lower right corner of the screen, then click Printer Properties... in the Print Settings window

• Adobe PDF Reader: Click Properties

3. To view the different settings, click the tabs along the top of the window. To access more settings, click the Advanced button that is often located on the Layout tab.

Figure : Example of a printer Document Properties window

HP Document Properties window with settings tabs and the Advanced settings button
  4. If a Printing Shortcut tab is available, click it to use shortcuts that already have essential settings already selected for common print job types. You may also create your own custom shortcut for future print jobs.

Paper size, type, and tray settings help ensure the printer properly handles and scales the print job to the paper. Paper type and size are included in some Printing Shortcuts, if available.

note:

When loading paper into the input tray, look for a prompt to confirm the paper type and size you loaded if your printer has a text or touchscreen control panel.

Paper type: Set the paper type you are using, such as HP photo paper, plain paper, or custom media, so the printer properly handles and prints on the paper. Select Automatic to let the printer automatically select the paper type, if available.

Type, Type is, Paper Type, or Media menu on the Paper/Quality or Features tab

Paper size: Select the paper size you loaded in the printer, such as 4 x 6, legal, or 8.5 x 11 plain paper. Check your printer specifications for supported paper sizes.

Some newer printers support more paper options. Go to Creating Custom Paper Sizes for more information.

Size, Size is or Paper Size menu in Advanced Options, on the Paper/Quality or Features tab

Paper tray or source: Select the tray you loaded the paper into, if your printer has more than one tray. If available, use Automatically Select to pull from the main tray. If the main tray is empty, paper is pulled from another tray with paper.

Source, Source is or Paper source menu on the Paper/Quality or Features tab

Refer to-Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - thnx however I have done all that previously but still comes back with the message "can't print on full page".  I have a disk for the 7350 but when attempt to load the drivers (removed previous) it says can't connect. Tried HP Photosmart 7400 series but still same message.  Looks like donating to charity

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,780 5,750 352 388
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Uninstall the printer -

--->In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

--->In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

--->Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

--->Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

--->Click on the Drivers tab.

--->Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

--->Select OK.

--->Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

--->Close Devices and Printers.

And then reinstall the printer with windows built-in driver 

Refer -  Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Keep me posted!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thnx for that will remove the existing printer on your steps.  When I looked to add a printer the 7350 it did not come up and I saw a YouTube video advising using 5550 but something else said 7400 as closest to 7350.  Do you know which is the best substitute driver for the 7350.

Appreciate your efforts

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,780 5,750 352 388
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Choose DeskJet 5550 as an alternate driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - i can go into the control panel and remove the printer from printers/devices however when I try and remove under the procedure control windows +R it returns a message printer is in use and i think this is because the printer is sharing drivers with other printers i have.  Tried to remove an old Laser Jet 5l and got the same message.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation