Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8035
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello HP Community,

I upgraded from a Dell V715w printer to the OfficeJet Pro 8035 and so far works like a champ except for one thing.

I have an abundance of pre-punched 3-hole paper from over the years. This issue gets very annoying as it reacts differently. Sometimes when it prints, it’s formatted where the holes would be on the right edge of the paper when reading left to right and sometimes it will correctly have the holes on the left edge of the paper. This issue is giving me OCD. It also seems like I’m not the first to report this issue and I likely be the last to report it.

this issue did not happen whatsoever on my Dell V715w printer

After this paper goes, I’m definitely going over to plain paper, but what can I do in the meantime so I don’t have to keep flipping the paper depending on what I’m doing?

it makes it seem like the printer is printing upside down in a way depending on what’s being printed.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jweaver0312 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Answer:

There is no "three hole" (or "any" hole) printer paper / Media setting to allow / support this type of paper.

If the old Dell printer is still around and working, use it for your three-hole paper.

Discussion:

The User Guide all but comes out and says (that) the three-hole paper may cause trouble.

Holes, perforations, and the like are mentioned.

There is an illustration on page 17 that warns against "holes".

Table of contents

Section                      Page

Paper basics………….13

Load paper...............16

Paper with holes is weird fish for some printers - this printer apparently does not like the paper.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 8035 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

UPDATE: The issue only seems to be while on AirPrint and double sided. Tested printing the same document over USB and it worked just fine.

I get what you’re saying about the User Guide but I think from the picture is that it’s more referring to carbon paper or some other weird type of paper.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.