Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
Printing quality issue - HP Print Center no longer works (Flash removed)
C410 connected by USB
Downloaded and run print Doctor
It identifies printer connected - but when you run 'Fix printing' it stops with "Device Status" highlighted in RED
The printer scans & prints ... so not sure what Device Status implies
@Argonaut, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
TEJ1602 I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community