Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Jet Pro M452dn
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello! I am receiving an error in my print queue (and not able to get anything to print). The error is "ready on server - unable to send data". 

What I have tried so far:

Shut down computer/printer, turn computer/printer back on.Tried to print - same error.

Shut down, Unplug everything, replug in everything (computer/printer).Turned everything on. Tried to print - same error

Remove printer from system pref printer/scanner panel. Re-add printer.Tried to print - same error.

Downloaded HP Easy Start, installed and ran diagnostic. Tried to print test page. Same error.

Tried to use HP Online help and redid all of the above a second time. Then did the following as suggested by online support:

Uninstalled All HP software plus removed printer from prefs. Reinstalled HP software and re-added printer. Print-same error.

Reset printing printing system (right click in printer window in Printers/Scanners) window. Re-added the printer. Tried to print - same error. 

Shut down printer. Unplugged printer for a minute. Replugged printer in. Plugged printer into a different USB port on computer. Turned on printer. Tried to print - same error.

And here I am.  I was able to print this morning without an issue. Nothing new was installed on the mac but it just started giving me that error and not printing this afternoon. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mmahurin

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's restart the computer, printer, and router

1. Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

4. Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the computer.

7. Try to turn on Web Services.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step updating the Mac to latest driver from mac store. 
And, also refer to the article: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04071740  HP LaserJet - The print job is slow or hangs in the print queue when printing Adobe PDF files

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.