Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm havin the same issue on my PC (Win 10). I can print word documents fine but when I print a PDF I get smears of ink from the right side of the page and fading off as you reach the left side. This is VERY frustrating as I've attempted follow the instructions on using the "clean the printheads" in the printer toolbox per the online instructions for smeared printing: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00219817 but then received a "Paper Mismatch Error" on the printer. Then after following the instructions to clear the "Paper Mismatch Error": http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03275134 I verified that the smearing was still occuring and when I attempted to clean the printheads again I AGAIN received the "Paper Mismatch Error"

Please Help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @buhockey13,

Thanks for posting your question in the  HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips from experts in the community. I reviewed your post and understand that you have printing issues while printing a pdf file.t will be a delight to assist you. 🙂

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed perfectly and have done commendable troubleshooting before posting your query. Excellent job on that score. 🙂 Kudos to you. It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better. 🙂

It clearly looks like an application issue here as Microsoft word works fine and the issue is with adobe pdf files.  I request you to try these steps.

• Please try printing from a different file other than word and adobe reader to isolate the issue further.
  • Please perform the latest windows10  updates on your computer.
  • Then uninstall adobe acrobat reader and install the latest version of it and printing.
  • Finally please try printing from a different adobe reader like Foxit reader after downloading and installing it.  This should ideally do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @buhockey13,

Thanks for posting your question in the  HP Community. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips from experts in the community. I reviewed your post and understand that you have printing issues while printing a pdf file.t will be a delight to assist you. 🙂

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed perfectly and have done commendable troubleshooting before posting your query. Excellent job on that score. 🙂 Kudos to you. It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better. 🙂

It clearly looks like an application issue here as Microsoft word works fine and the issue is with adobe pdf files.  I request you to try these steps.

• Please try printing from a different file other than word and adobe reader to isolate the issue further.
  • Please perform the latest windows10  updates on your computer.
  • Then uninstall adobe acrobat reader and install the latest version of it and printing.
  • Finally please try printing from a different adobe reader like Foxit reader after downloading and installing it.  This should ideally do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I re-installed the adobe acrobat reader DC on my PC and that seems to have done the trick. All PDFs that printed with streaks or didn't print in black ink only mode/printed faded when printed in color are now printing crisply.

However, I've also noticed that when printing from Chrome in Black/White (no color) from a pop-up window (UPS shipping label) I get no output, when I print the same pop-up window and print in color I get a very faded (execpt for colored text) output. If I print the same pop-up window from MS Edge browser in black/white I get a crisp output no problems. I noticed that when printing documents using the "HP Print Service Plugin" app for my Android phone the output is similar to the output from Chrome (faded when printing in color or blank when printing in blank ink only - as if the black ink isn't being used at all)

Are there compatibility issues in Windows 10 with the use of Chrome or with the use of the Android printing app?

Thanks for the assistance with my first issue - can you help me with my additional issue?

HP Recommended

Hi @buhockey13,

Hi reviewed the post and I am very glad for you that the first issue relating to adobe reader has been fixed. Please try these steps for google chrome browser and the android phone also.

For google chrome Please reset the browser and check by printing. if it fixes the issue that will be great.  Otherwise , please go uninstall google chrome on your printer and reinstall the latest version of google chrome and check again. 

For the android phone, Please uninstall the  "HP Print Service Plugin" app and reinstall it back and check again. If it works fine, then the issue should get resolved. Otherwise it could be compatibility issues with this version of windows 10  or a limitation of the OS itself.

Please reach out and let me know what happened. Trust me I've done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. I genuinely hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a very long time.:)

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.