Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5055 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I am trying to print a file in GIMP that has a bunch of tiny details. When I try to print, the tiny details don't get printed and the final result looks nothing like what my print preview shows. I have tried switching the print quality to Best, and it made the quality WORSE. My ink levels are normal. I tried using the built in Cartridge Cleaner and realigned the printer. I had an Alignment Unsuccessful message the first time I tried to realign, then after trying again I did not receive the error, but my print quality is still bad. I have tried exporting the file I want to print as a PDF to attempt printing outside of GIMP, and the issue persists. I am not sure why it is acting weird all of a sudden; the printer never has issues printing small projects like emails and invoices. Thank you for any help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @norfdog,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

I see that, you have done a fantastic job in performing those steps. 

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

You will need additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.