Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
macOS 10.15 Catalina

After having to replace all color cartridges with subsequent messages of Cyan, Yellow, and then Magenta, the printer now gives a "Printer Failure:  There is a problem with the printer or ink system.  Turn printer off, then on.  If problem persists, contact HP."

I have cycled power as advised with no success and then attempted to contact HP as advised.  First with the virtual assistant who could only tell me that I was no longer in warranty but wasn't able to trouble shoot.  When I call HP they require a case number to speak with a human but I can't get the virtual assistant to provide one.  I have also used the suggested forums but they have not helped with any concrete actions to take.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP folks, Any suggestions?  It would be great to speak to a representative from the company if nothing else to show that you care.

HP Recommended

Good Folks at HP.  The support page lets me know that my printer is out of warranty but does that also mean I don't get any support?  The virtual assistant won't provide a case number and I can't talk to a person unless I have one.  I'm not asking for a new printer.  I just want support.  Thank you in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.