Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5030

I don't know where to start! I was gifted this printer which was purchased in 2018, but unused. I have set it all up according to instructions, have HP Smart on my device but the printer will not do anything. I ran a diagnostic in the HP Smart app, which came back and said it had fixed a 'printer queue' issue, and to test print. Test print - the printer will make start up noises, and then do nothing, I've purchased new cartridges etc and tried this. 
The printer will print an align test, and clean head print, but then asks me to scan in the alignment, and then I get a 'couldn't detect alignment' message. 

I can't print anything off using other programmes i.e. word. Same as above, it will make start up noises, then do nothing. I've tried all sorts, and slowly pulling my hair out! 

EDIT: I have just purchased a brand new genuine HP 304 Black ink cartridge and now there's a cartridge error message, have followed all steps on HP Support site and the issues are still there.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Annie94-1

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Are you able to make Photocopies?

Please ensure the printer has the latest Firmware and let me know if the issue persists https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

If the issue persists we will attempt a Semi Full Reset

Keep me posted

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.