cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
BusyMom1606
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printer Stopped Secreting Ink During Job. Had Plenty of Ink. Producing blank pages

HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 21330
macOS 10.12 Sierra

In the midst of printing a few pages of written text and some pictures in a powerpoint, the printer stops producing ink.  I check levels and they are adequate.  I try changing the cartridge still no production of ink although the printer is going through all the motions: it logs the job, moves through the text, but produces a blank page. 

UPDATE Now prints color only. No black two new cartridges.

3 REPLIES 3
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 272 397
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BusyMom1606,

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand, your printer is not printing in black color.

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Was it working with an older ink cartridge? 

Were there any recent hardware/software changes? 

Let's try these steps: Click Here

Step 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

Step 3: Replace any low or empty ink cartridges

Step 4: Align the ink cartridges

Step 5: Clean the ink cartridges

Keep me posted!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

0 Kudos
BusyMom1606
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, but I tried all of these solutions before reaching out to no avail.  It happened with old cartridge (which had enough ink but was a little low) as well as with the brand new ink cartridge.  All of my cartidges are genuine HP.

To answer your other question, no, there have been no changes to software or hardware.

Still no black. 

Thanks anyway.  Any other help?

0 Kudos
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 272 397
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BusyMom1606,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉

I appreciate your time and efforts,

In this case, I suggest you contact our phone support. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation