Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 3639 Printer All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought my HP 3639 printer in Europe over a year ago, and just bought replacement cartridges in Africa where I am now.  The original cartridge number in Europe was 302, and the new cartridge number in Africa is 123.  The printer does not recognize the 123 cartridge which I bought at a reputable store.  The new cartridge's expiration is Dec 2021.  I tried doing a hard reset of the printer as prescribed by FAQ and it has not worked.  I updated all the drivers and reloaded the software, but it has not fixed it.  Nothing I found on this forum has worked.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Steve7455

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue.  

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Kindly get in touch with HP Tech Support in Africa using the below URL to get the Regionalization reset done on your printer so that it can work with compatible cartridges in Africa.

https://www8.hp.com/emea_africa/en/contact-hp/contact.html 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

I agree with the need for regional reset BUT I cannot connect with someone to help me do it.  My warranty expired, but I'm willing to pay for the help.  Please help.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Kindly click the below link.. 

https://support.hp.com/emea_africa-en 

On the support page click on "CHAT NOW". 

As far as the Warranty is concerned, regionalization reset support should be done even if the printer is Out Of Warranty.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Virtual Agent is not being helpful.  I submitted: "I need a region reset for my printer."  VA replied, "Sorry, I don’t understand. Let’s try that again. I think your question is about cartridge issues. I can help. Please select the option below that best describes your problem."  None of the options VA gave me got anywhere near discussing the region reset.  Is there a procedure you could send me, or does the reset need to be done by an HP person?  Is it even possible to talk to a live agent?

HP Recommended

RESEND:  Virtual Agent is not being helpful.  I submitted: "I need a region reset for my printer."  VA replied, "Sorry, I don’t understand. Let’s try that again. I think your question is about cartridge issues. I can help. Please select the option below that best describes your problem."  None of the options VA gave me got anywhere near discussing the region reset.  Is there a procedure you could send me, or does the reset need to be done by an HP person?  Is it even possible to talk to a live agent?

HP Recommended

Hello Steve7455, 

I have escalated your case. I am sure someone from HP should get in touch with you. 

Meanwhile below is link to HP Contact in Africa. Kindly try calling the numbers.

https://www8.hp.com/emea_africa/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html 

Below is the list of numbers from the above url that should match your criteria.

Mon-Fri / 08:00-17:00 Central Africa Time

• Nigeria : (01) 271 2320 
  • Kenya : (020) 2216130
  • Ghana : 0544 315 502 
  • All other countries : +27 11 234 5872
Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

@Steve7455

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue.  

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.  

  

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.