cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
wloyyz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Printer defaults to A4 paper size

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Professional P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK.  I have to bring this subject up again as I have got a new computer and install my existing P1102 which I have been using for a few years.  I took it for granted that the printer would print properly but the printer defaults to A4 paper size.

I look thru previous discussions on this topic and someone recommends to change the computer region settings to US.  So I did that and powered off my printer and powered on again.  Voila!  The printer now defaults to Letter size.  Problem solved.

But ... wait a minute.  When I set up my computer, the region setting is set to Canada (since I am living in Canada) and here in Canada we use Letter size paper instead of A4 size.  

Does HP assume that everywhere in the world outside the US uses A4 size paper so the printer defaults to A4 size and does not allow the user to change the paper size setting to non-A4?

I am just a little perplexed. 🤔

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation