Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
laser jet pro
Other

Laser jet Pro -device status got reset somehow to Manual feed. Plain, Letter or press OK to use available media, so the printer won't print consecutive documents but requires a push of the ok button every page.  yuk.  HELP I am running Monterrey on a Mac book pro

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@joodles, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

To assist you better, what model printer are you using?

Refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

For now, update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your Mac.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on Mac

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

Apparently there are no firmware updates available and I have tried removing the printer on my laptop and then reinstalling to no avail.  I have also done the unplug and waited then re plug which also didn’t help.
I think I went on and downloaded some stuff and the Hp app and that’s when my troubles started.  I have an HP Laser jet pro MFP M281 and it has always worked wonderfully until the last upgrades I performed. I also had upgraded my laptop to the MacBook Pro with the M1 chip and wonder if that’s where the problems originally came from.   I was having issues with loading envelopes in tray 1, which I have previously had no problems, so I must have set something and now I can’t find where to change it all.
If you might have any more suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
Joodles
HP Recommended

@joodles

In this case, we can perform a factory reset on the printer.

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.