Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 5055 all in one.
Other

Hi, my printer worked fine ( over a year ) up til few days ago. It disconnected from out WiFi router, since then it has not & will not connect back. I’m not very tech savvy so forgive me if I use or say wrong name etc. Nothing has changed in my household, same high speed internet, same dual router, it’s in same location etc..there no interference, router & printer are maybe 10feet distance from each other. One day just disconnected & I’ve tried everything I found on here to reset & restore. I use the hp app with insta ink program from my desktop ( windows 10 some kind of gaming computer ) & my iPhone 11. Can anyone give me any information or advice?? I tried contacting HP but I cannot get a hold of anyone. Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Jdanyelle83,

I'd like to help!

To assist better, please help with the below questions-

1. What is the status of the wireless light on the printer, steady or blinking? 
  2.  I would like to know, is your router set to work on 2.4 GHz network or 5 GHz network band?

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions-

To prepare your printer for a wireless connection, restart the printer, computer, and router.

1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 10 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router. Wait until Internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Turn on the computer.

Access the Wireless Setup Wizard through the printer control panel to establish a wireless connection between your printer and network.

1. From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .

2. Touch the Setup icon .

3. Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.

4. After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

The printer searches for available networks.

5. Touch the name of your wireless network.

6. If your wireless network does not display in the list of wireless networks, touch Enter New Network Name, and then type the name of your wireless network.

NOTE: 

Type the exact network name, including any uppercase and lowercase letters.

7. Type the WEP or WPA key (network password), and then touch Done.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password..

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry!!! I never seen your reply until I seen the email. The printer itself was blinking. Everything seemed to work except wireless connection.  My modem which I had almost a year is a dual band modem & router I believe. I literally tried connecting to both 2.4 & 5, except with both setups it just keeps searching & searching never giving me prompts to enter the password. It finally times out. I’m not gonna lie I was aggravated lol & figured a factory reset would help.... .. nope that was a big mistake &  now I’m completely disconnected to my account & my insta ink subscription. I will try what you said & physically type my WiFi name & password in. Yesterday I bought a Ethernet cable to try  the wired connection but I have not had the time yet. We never had a storm or power surge or anything recently.  I will say the day before I realize the printer wasn’t connected to WiFi, all of my devices (computer, fire sticks, echos & dot speakers ) ALL of them disconnected from WiFi to where I had to reconnect everything. This has never happened before. I will try again either tonight or tomorrow & see if it works lol wired or wirelessly. Thanks I’ll let you know how it goes.

HP Recommended

The printer supports both 2.4 and 5GHz networks.

To prepare your printer for a wireless connection, restart the printer, computer, and router.

1. Turn the printer off, and then wait 10 seconds.
  2. Disconnect the printer power cord from the printer.
  3. Turn off the computer or the device you are trying to print from.
  4. Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.
  5. Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router, and then wait 10 seconds.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the router. Wait until Internet service is restored. Internet service is interrupted while the router is off.
  7. Turn on the computer.

Then try and connect the printer 

Let me know how everything goes!

HP Recommended

Hi, it’s not working. I don’t know if it’s me or the device then of course I just seen my warranty expired July 2020. The printer wasn’t that expensive but still I only averaged 20-30 sheets a month.  I took screenshots of what it says.I can’t even print off the test results to see what’s wrong because I foolishly did a factory reset it. I unplugged both printer/ router, I tried to connect by that wps button, I tried to connect both to 2.4 & 5G connection ( it has a option to turn on 5G in advanced setup ). The problem is after selecting my WiFi name it just constantly tries to connect & it has never given me the option to type in the password since disconnection. I even tried the manual type to access wirelessly. My last option is the wired connection which I have never used before. I have to move my stuff around to place the printer next to router & I’ll give you an update if that fixes my issue. Thanks to both of you for replying & trying to help figure it out. 

C50A8281-A8DB-437C-9FF1-0D737BFA9F38.jpeg

9DA7AA30-BE09-4A2C-BEE4-1FA62529A1B4.jpeg

HP Recommended

Are you trying to home network or a public network?

The network has no encryption, the printers are designed to connect to secure networks.

HP Recommended

That’s my own WiFi. I’m supposed to have high speed internet through Atlantic Broadband ( our local provider ). Also i guess technically it’s their “ equipment “ router/ modem combo. You think something happened to router? I mentioned in previous post the day before I noticed it wasn’t connected, my entire house was disconnected as in all my devices needed reconnected to WiFi which never happened before. There was no electric outages & or storms. Should I call my internet provider? I don’t know how to get it encrypted again ( if I said that right ) but wouldn’t all my other devices not connect too if that was the case? I literally had to setup each amazon device, fire stick , TVs ,computer, iPad iPhone & they all connected som I’m kind confused. 

HP Recommended

Please reach the ISP to get the networks encrypted, this does seem like a network issue.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I hope this is the fix I need lol. Thank you for helping me. I never realized it was same person replying to all my messages/posts. I will let you know what they say! 

HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂

Keep me posted!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.