Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart A617

My photosmart only reads some of the pictures on the flashdrive.  Why not all.  They are all .jpgs.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @SuzyB1, 

I'd like to help!

Are you able to access those pictures when connected to other device?

You may refer to the user guide -user guide

Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Yep, it works on my desktop computer.  I can see other .jpgs on the same flashdrive but not all of them.  Some of the jpgs that I can’t read were taken with my iPhone XS.  Do you think the resolution is to low?

HP Recommended

This is the supported DPI

Black and Color: PhotoREt III, 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi in printer driver

And support media cards are -

CompactFlash Type I and II

MultiMediaCard

Secure Digital

Memory Sticks

Microdrive

xD-Picture Card

Refer to -Product Specifications

Hope this helps!

Let me know!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.