Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am receiving error ox6100004a. There is no paper jam. I have tried disconnecting the power cord, then reconnecting (even directly to a wall outlet). The result is the same. When I lift the cover, the print cartridge no longer moves to the left. It is anchored to the far right.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please click https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/8289579/model/1...  to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

If the issue still persists, you may try the below steps before we decide to service the printer.

1. While the printer is ON, open the cartridge access door.
  2. Have a check in the printer at the far right side using a Flash light to check if there is a piece of paper stuck in there. If yes, pull the paper out using tweezers to release the carriage. Else go to next step.
  3. On the far left inside the printer, you'd see two dials ( gears ), rotate them until the carriage is released. After which use flash light to check for paper pieces and remove them.
  4. Now close the Cartridge access door and press the ON button to power it off.
  5. Wait for 30 seconds and then power on the printer. Try printing.
Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I should have been more clear. There are NO PAPER pieces anywhere in the printer. When I said the print carriage was anchored to the right, I meant I cannot even move it by hand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.