HP Officejet Pro 6968 , Error msg : "There is a problem with the printer or print system, Turnprinteroff and on. If you continue to get this msg,contact HP. 0x6100004a" I have dowloaded new drivers. It appears to me that there is a problem with print carrige, it will not move from extreme left position when I open door to access print cartridges.
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please try these steps
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".