Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2652
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer’s connections to my device and WiFi is good, the ink levels are full, and the cartridges are perfectly in place; yet, it won’t print black ink no matter how many times I print a job out.  What do I do?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LB95 

Please try to remove the cartridges from the printer then follow these steps to perform a hard reset on the printer,

• Press the Power button to turn on the product,
  • With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product,
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet,
  • Wait at least 15 seconds,
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet,
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product,
  • If the product does not turn on by itself, press the power button to turn it on,
  • Printer comes back on and asks for the cartridges, then go ahead and put them back in.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, though I managed to figure out the problem before you replied.  Turns out, as I hadn’t used the printer in over a year, the cartridge had almost completely dried out.  Cleaning it with cotton swabs several times helped, but didn’t yield the results I desired.  I have since ordered a new cartridge, and it will be in today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.