Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640 e

When we first started having problems printing, the paper would come out with one end bent and words were partially printed.  Then the message would come that paper would need to be added which wasn't true.  Sometimes it said that there was a jam which we tried to fix.  But it would never be fixed.  Now, it will not print anything.  I wonder if something is broken.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Rascal-lad103

Welcome to the HP support community.

Clean the paper feed rollers

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. Open the ink cartridge access door.

Image: Opening the ink cartridge access door.

3. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you proceed.

WARNING: 

You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid the risk of injuries or electric shock.

4. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer, if you have a cable connection to the printer.

5. Locate the paper path cover, grasp the handle, and then lift up to remove it.

Image: Locating the paper path cover.

6. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

7. Use a flashlight to inspect the rollers. Press the swab against the rollers inside the printer, and then rotate the rollers upwards with your fingers.

Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

Image: Example of the rollers in the paper path access area.

8. Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).

9. Replace the paper path cover, and then close the ink cartridge access door.

Image: Closing the ink cartridge access door.

10. Grasp the output tray, and then pull toward you to remove it.

11. Pull out the input tray to its outermost position.

Image: Pulling out the input tray.

12. Remove all paper from the input tray.

13. Turn the printer onto its right side so you can access its underside. Make sure to hold the printer firmly with one hand to avoid tipping.

Image: Turning the printer onto its right side.

14. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

15. Use a flashlight to inspect the space where the input tray was. Press the cloth against the rollers, and then rotate them upward with your fingers.

Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

Image: Example of the rollers underneath the printer.

16. Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).

17. Push in the input tray, and then turn the printer over to the upright position.

18. Slide the output tray back onto the input tray.

19. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.

20. Reconnect the USB or Ethernet cable, unless your printer is connected to a wireless network.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.