Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710

My printer will only print blank pages. I am out of color ink but have a brand new black cartridge. I accept the message that says “print with black only”, but it still only prints out a blank page. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@S_P2,

Thank you for reaching HP Community. I would be happy to help!

Could you please help me with the operating system of the computer?

Are you facing the same issue while making a copy?

Do you see any error message?

Remove the color cartridge and check for the error message.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have tried using both Windows and iOS. It won't even let me make a copy because my blue and red ink are depleted, however I pushed "only black" because I have a full black cartridge. When I try to print, it says "your red and blue are empty, press ok to continue with just black ink" and I press okay and it still prints a blank page. 

HP Recommended

@S_P2

Your printer is designed to print only when all ink cartridges have ink. Some ink from all the ink cartridges is used in periodic servicing tasks. This helps to prevent issues such as printhead clogs and poor print quality. There is no way to bypass this feature.

Refer to this document to get more information regarding the same.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.