Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am sending documents from my PC to my printer, but they are not printing. All I am getting are some motor noises from the printer and then the document disappears from the print queue. I can print from other devices like my mobile.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is solved. Turned out to be a Windows issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What types of documents are you printing? If you are printing DPF's, make sure Microsoft edge is not opening the files. Try Adobe DC reader to print PDF's. There was an issue with photos not printing from the Photos ap- try the old school picture viewer or Paint or another windows 10 AP

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Nothing at all is printing, regardless of where I open it from.

HP Recommended

How is the printer hooked up? USB, ethernet cable, or WiFi?

Maybe reinstall the driver? If it's hooked up as a hard wired network device or with WiFi, the IP address could have changed on the printer- or the driver post changed to a WSD port

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

I've reinstalled the drivers and still no working.

HP Recommended

This is solved. Turned out to be a Windows issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.