Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 1510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a deskjet 1510 printer. It would work perfectly until I once gave a command to scan and it did not respond. Ever since then, the device does not respond to any on-board button click or long pressing on the Power+cancel Key (with the former being pressed before and released after the latter).

When I try to use the Printer doctor feature to detect the issue it does not detect the printer.

In short the power light stays on continuously when  the power is plugged in and it does not respond to any action. On the computer side the printer is not detected in any operations that I go to perform. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers too.

This is a weird situation and I am not able to find any forum that describes my exact issue. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Darpan

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Noel92, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

Is the power light blinking or steady?

What happens when you remove and reinstall the ink cartridges on the printer?

Meanwhile, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Also, refer to the document Blinking Lights on the HP Deskjet 1510 and Deskjet Ink Advantage 1510 Printer Series for additional help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Is the power light blinking or steady?

- The Power light is steady. When I plug in the power cable and switch on the power the power light glows steady and is un responsive to any press (short/long).

What happens when you remove and reinstall the ink cartridges on the printer?

There is no difference in the behavior of the device. When powered on, the light remains as it is. Usually when it was operational the cartridge would move and position itself in the center of the device. But in the current situation there is no movement. I had to drag the tray to the center in order to remove and reinsert the cartridge. 

Let me know if there are any other test that give give a better sense of the situation. I will go through the documents requested and try downloading and installing the drivers again. I will let you know if the issue gets solved through these methods.

Thanks. 

Regards,

Darpan.

HP Recommended

@Noel92

Sure, keep me posted.

Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One Printer. As seen on the hp Support website there is no firmware available for my printer hence I am unable to go ahead with the firmware flash of the device. 

When it comes to installing the drivers of the printer, the software says that there is no printer connected and there is a check box to continue without connecting the printer. Hence the printer is undetectable through any software dedicated for the printer.

The printer power light is on but it does not respond. It is neither blinking or permanently off as other users have reported. I have gone through a lot of forums but I am unable to find any which explains my condition. 

Please could you recommend another solution?

Rergrds,

Darpan

HP Recommended

@Noel92

As we've reached the end of the line, I'd recommend you reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.