cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer prints blank doc from Microsoft Office for Mac, 2 computers. Has been working.

HP Recommended
Envy 5665
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

No changes to computers or printer.  Has been printing.  Even creating a PDF from word still prints a blank page.  Same problem with 2 computers. Wireless connection. Prints on all other programs.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,169 18,146 1,138 1,142
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Janieross

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that both your Mac computers are printing black pages when printing from MS Office

I'll try my best to help 👍

I suggest we start with a Printer Reset

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
 NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed

Then update the Printer Firmware from the control panel. Please refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Also check for updates on your MAC computers and also for MS Office.

Next we will Remove and Re-Add the printer to the MAC printing queue and use Airprint

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Open an MS Office document and click Print.

Please perform these steps at your convenience and keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😀

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and this will also help other community members with similar issue. 👍

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation