Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Two Questions:

I have a ten year old HP6500A+ wireless printer. 

First question. Is the printer too old to try to solve my problem (second question)?

Second question. When it prints, the first page it prints is always one inch lower than what the printer is set for.  How can I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Charles120

As long the printer works it cannot get old 🙂

I see that you have printing issues from your Mac computer, let us try to isolate and resolve the issue.

To be able to assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Does the print preview look good?
  • What happens when you make photocopies on the printer? Does the issue occur?

Meanwhile, check the driver settings, refer to the document HP Printers - Print Settings Guide (Mac) for help.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.  I will try to get at this today.

CR

HP Recommended

Hello:

My applications are Word, Preview, and Word Doc.

Pretty sure my print preview is normal.

No issues when I make photocopies on the printer.

Several months ago I had a paper jam.  I carefully removed the backside cartridge on the printer and worked the paper out.  I did have to pull the paper pretty hard and then slowly take out pieces with a needle nose pliers.  It is possible I hurt the rollers in the printer.  Yet still, if I'm printing one page double sided, the first page through (side two) runs fine, the second page through (side one) has the gap at the top.

Charlie R.

HP Recommended

@Charles120

Since the copy works fine, we cannot blame the rollers.

Let us try removing and adding the printer using AirPrint drivers-

ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Remove and add the printer

Click the Apple menu, and then select System Preferences.

Depending on your operating system version, click Print & Fax, Print & Scan, or Printers & Scanners.

Click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the printer.

Select printer and click the minus sign

Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Click the Use or Print Using box, and then select AirPrint

Select AirPrint from the Use menu

Click Add to add the printer to the list.

Try to print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.