Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried all the suggested ways to get this printer to print a page ( including printing a cleaning page ). But all it does is throw out blank pages. The cartridges  pop up shows that there is about a quarter full of ink in both cartridges. Perhaps I should add that I have not used the printer for a couple of months. Does the ink dry up but still show up on the pop-up ( with two green ticks, which would seem to indicate that everything is ok.)  I don't want to buy new cartridges if that  is not the problem ! Thanks for any info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @gola123,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer wherein it prints only blank pages.

This issue could occur if the ink cartridges are empty or not installed properly or the cartridges could be defective.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link: Fixing Print Quality Problems

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi @gola123,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer wherein it prints only blank pages.

This issue could occur if the ink cartridges are empty or not installed properly or the cartridges could be defective.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link: Fixing Print Quality Problems

Let me know if this works.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I think the inks may have dried up so am going to chnance bying new cartridges. I ' ll let you know if this works.

HP Recommended

Hi @gola123, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you will replace the cartridge and let us know later.

Please replace the cartridge and let us know the results.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I have replaced both cartrides by now and everything is working fine.  I didn;t find any mention  anywhere that the inks in the cartridges can dry up if th printer is not used for a period, and that the pop-up would still show that there was ink in the cartridges.  So could you please  put a note somewhere on your help pages about this possibility. Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Hi @gola123,

I understand that the issue has resolved after replacing the cartridges.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

The printer will show that there is ink in the cartridges if it is not empty. If you do not use the printer for more than a month, the ink near the nozzles will dry up and block further flow of ink. Hence, it will not print.

Henceforth, if you are not using the printer for a month, then remove the cartridges and keep it in a zip lock bag or a plastic container and then install it when you are printing.

Feel free to ask your queries in future as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. Re: "he ink near the nozzles will dry up and block further flow of ink. Hence, it will not print.", cany anything be done to unblock the nozzles  so that the ink that is not dried up can be used?

HP Recommended

Hi @gola123,

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

I understand you have a question regarding unblocking the nozzle so that the ink that is not dried up can be used? No, I would suggest here is only solution would be to clean the cartridge contacts which will help you improve the print quality.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, I'll do that. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.