Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050
macOS 10.15 Catalina

The Deskjet 3050 Series 5610 won't print or scan on Mac OS 10.15.7 running on Mac Book Pro just showing 'Idle' after printing or scanning attempt. This issue arose after upgrading to OS 10.15.7

The printer will work on Mac Os 10.6 but the printout is only 70% of the size shown on the computer. (This is my old computer)

I would like to print directly from the Mac Book Pro with OS 10.15.7. 

Any ideas welcome. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Memoires, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

How is the printer connected to the computer?

Is there any antivirus/security software installed on the computer?

Meanwhile, ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.