Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If printer is turned off when network computer is already on, it will report no toner/ink when I turn it on.  If I reboot the computer then it shows correct ink in the Printer/Scanner section of the Settings page.  If I turn the printer off and then turn it back on it will falsely report no toner/ink again until I reboot.  On the other hand every time I go to HP Smart app it will correctly show the ink supply. I tried uninstalling the drivers and HP Smart and then installing them again with no improvement of the problem.  The printer reports I have the most resent Firmware installed.  The Wireless connection to the network is correct and functioning.  I really would like to solve this problem as I turn off the printer when not in use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Reinstalling drivers using normal methods did not help me but HP Support was able to correct the problem.  Here is what they did:

Technician Saransh had removed the previous printer entry and created a new entry with the printer IP address and used the dedicated printer drivers.

Regarding the Offline/online issue, the newly added icon is created using the printer IP address. And we have noticed this on Windows 10 that even after turning the printer off, under devices and printers, the entry shows as Online if we add create the printer entry via IP address. That is more stable in maintaining the connection between the printer and PC. HP smart app is able to show the correct status though.

I really am glad to get the problem fixed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RPEscue, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Could you share the picture of the error message for further assistance?

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Reinstalling drivers using normal methods did not help me but HP Support was able to correct the problem.  Here is what they did:

Technician Saransh had removed the previous printer entry and created a new entry with the printer IP address and used the dedicated printer drivers.

Regarding the Offline/online issue, the newly added icon is created using the printer IP address. And we have noticed this on Windows 10 that even after turning the printer off, under devices and printers, the entry shows as Online if we add create the printer entry via IP address. That is more stable in maintaining the connection between the printer and PC. HP smart app is able to show the correct status though.

I really am glad to get the problem fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.