Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 460 Mobile Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently lost the ability to print on my DJ 460 mobile printer from my Lenovo Ideapad Z585. The printer shows up in Device Manager when it's plugged into a USB port, but when even just trying to print the usual test page or any document, the task bar icon shows up for about 5 seconds and then just disappears with no activity from the printer. HP Smart has been no help. Print and Scan Doctor has been no help and in fact doesn't even see the printer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer multiple times to no avail. When plugged into my desktop, which has never had this printer installed before, it was found, drivers installed and it prints just fine, so it can't be the printer. I even paid for the service for HP techs to have access to this laptop and they ultimately had me do a "dirty" reinstall of Win 10, which also did not help! Not that long ago, I had this printer able to work via USB or the Bluetooth card that I have for the DJ 460. Now neither one works! I am at wit's end and out $99 with no resolution. Has anyone ever run into this type of situation before and have a solution for me? I really need this little mobile unit to work again! Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

UPDATE: If it helps any, I rolled my Windows 10 install back to an image I had from the end of Feb., and low and behold, the Deskjet 460 WILL print via Bluetooth, but NOT with USB??? At least I now CAN print, but BT is SOoooo dog slow, so I still would sure like it to run on USB. Any help out there????

HP Recommended

PLEASE! Can anyone from HP or the Community help here?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.