Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5052 All-in-One Printer

The printer get stucked at error screen. All it says is "ERROR CODE 0XDD000D78 KERNEL_EXEC_ST".

I tried unplugging the printer and hold the power button to reset it. Everytime I turn the printer back on, it would try to load for 1 second and go back to the error screen. I also tried plugging the printer onto my computer but it is not detected on the HP Smart app.

Since it is stuck in the error screen, it is completely unresponsive and there is nothing I can do on the screen.

16453655827874313783267051646837.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@jd00, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the printer is stuck at this error and you have tried a hard reset which was not helpful. Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

As we are not able to bypass this error, I'm afraid there are no other troubleshooting steps that can be performed. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6) Fill out the webform and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes, you may use this link to find the phone number of the regional HP Support team: HP Phone Assist Worldwide

Keep me posted for any other assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Could you give me instructions to hard reset the printer? The only way to reset that I know is accessing from the setting of the printer, but I couldnt since it doesnt boot up properly

HP Recommended

@jd00

To hard reset the printer, follow the below steps:

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

If this does not help, unplug the power cable and hold the power button down for 10-15 seconds and release it. Power on the printer and check.

I see that you have already tried this. If the issue persists, contact HP Support team for replacement options if applicable.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.