Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet pro 8035e
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi! My printer keeps giving me an “the printer update could not be downloaded”  error. As soon as I turn it on it will go through a “downloading” cycle than an “updating” cycle— it reaches 100% in both of those processes than gives me the “printer update could not be downloaded” error… which when I close this error the whole process starts again— downloading, updating, error. The lights on front indicate that’s it’s connected to the WiFi— and I did try to connect it with our lan cable and the same error occurred. I tried to run a the print/ scan doctor on it from my computer which is connected to the same WiFi but it says it can find my printer. I can’t figure out the issue! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try unplugging the printer power and keep it unplugged for some time, allow it to rest at least 2 hours and then power on the printer.

May you see any difference?

A such may occur due to any connectivity issue, but performing such a full power drain may help in many such cases.

Please give it a try and let me know rather you may see any difference or not.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi! So I left the printer plugged for several hours (about 4) and the problem is still the same. Any other ideas I might be able to try? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Let’s try following below update Utility:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/OJP8020e/2137A/OJP8020e_OJP8030e_2137A.exe

If that fails too, please clarify what exact error or behavior occurs.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.