Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5258
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have installed a new router in my home network.  All of the other devices that I have connected to it ask for the password and connect without a hitch.  However, my OfficeJet 5258 sees the network but labels it as not encrypted and therefore tries to connect to it without asking for the password.  This obviously fails.  I need to force the printer to ask for the wireless password. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@proffer, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which type of security encryption does your router have?

This model printer supports a WPA type encryption.

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network > Restore network settings

Go back to Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard > Select your network and check if it asks for the password.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've "restored network settings" multiple times and that has not worked.  The router has WPA2-PSK encryption.

HP Recommended

@proffer

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team. 

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.