Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Oficejet Pro 7720
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Printer will not print on photo paper

Any ideas

Paul

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Goforest Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to print on photo paper.

Please let us know what error you are getting.

Are you able to print on the normal paper?

Load specialty sized photo paper or index cards like Hagaki print side down into the paper tray before you print.

1. Pull out the paper tray.

Figure : Pulling out the paper tray

Pulling out the paper tray
  2. Slide out the paper-width guides as far as possible.

Figure : Sliding out paper-width guides

Sliding out paper-width guides
  3. Insert a stack of cards or photo paper print side down in portrait orientation in the center of the tray.

Figure : Inserting paper or card print side down

Insert paper or card print side down
  4. Make sure the stack of cards or photo paper does not exceed the paper fill guide on the side of the tray.

Figure : Paper fill guide in the paper tray

Paper fill guide in the paper tray
  5. Slide in the paper guides until they rest against the stack of cards or photo paper.

Figure : Sliding in the paper width guides

Sliding in the paper width guides
  6. Close the tray extender, and then insert the paper tray into the printer.

Figure : Closing the tray extender and inserting the paper tray into the printer

Inserting the paper tray
  7. Pull out the output tray extension to desired length.

note:

Before printing on the cards or photo paper, select the correct paper size and settings when printing or copying.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Yes I can print on ordinary paper, when I load Photo Paper the printer will not pick it up I have tried HP paper and other types but none work . The fault that come up is Paper Fault. I have carried out all the steps suggested .

Many Thanks

Paul

HP Recommended

Please follow the instructions in step 2 from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05528334 to clean the paper feed rollers

Keep me posted

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply and suggestion . I have carried out your suggestions . The printer will still not pick up the paper to print .

King Regards

Paul

HP Recommended

@Goforest

I understand your concerns.

What is size and weight of the photo paper?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply

The paper is HP premium plus glossy A4 300 g/m2

But I have also tried other weights of paper 180 and 240

HP Recommended

@Goforest

Thank you for the information.

According to the specification

Media weight supported (metric)

60 to 105 g/m²

Please use that media and check.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.

Does that mean the printer with not print photo's as I don't seem to able to get Photo paper at that weight

Best Regards

Paul

HP Recommended

@Goforest

The printer will support the photo paper.

If you are using a high weight media printer will not pick up the paper. The printer does not have the capacity to pick up high weight media.

However, you can contact our phone support and check.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.