Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Windows 8.1

My HP4620 all-in-one printer won't print in black.  I have put in all new HP ink cartridges.  I have used the "tool" feature to clean the printer heads (1st and 2nd stages).  I have downloaded the HP doctor and ran the diagonistics.  Nothing seems to have worked to get my printer to generate black text.  On one occasion when I was printing my test page their appeared to be a very, very faint attempt by the printer to print black but it was unreadable.  Any help would be appreciated.

loml 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @YvesD_fr,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

At this time, yes, you should be able to request a replacement. Please just phone the technical support team for your area and they will assist you as best they can 🙂

Let me know how things go for you!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @loml,

At this point, as you've exhausted most steps I would suggest, I will recommend that you call our technical support team (1-800-474-6836) and request a replacement, regardless of your printer's warranty. At THIS TIME they should be able to do that for you 🙂

If there are any issues, just let me know here or via a private message (If you're not sure how to send a private message this post, has instructions).

Let me know how things go for you when you have a chance!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I understand that this problem is a knwo problem of the printer. Could you tell me whether an exchange is then possible consuidering that i bought in 1 year and 1/2 ago.

Thnak you for your help.

Sincerely,

YD

HP Recommended

Hi @YvesD_fr,

At this time, yes, you should be able to request a replacement. Please just phone the technical support team for your area and they will assist you as best they can 🙂

Let me know how things go for you!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Teri,

Many thanks for your suggestion.  I called tech support as you suggested and they sent me a refurbished printer.  Set-up was easy, refurbished printer is working fine and I had no problem repacking my malfunctioning printer and returning to HP.  Overall the process was easy and while an inconvenience HP did their best to make things right.  Very good customer support.  Thank you

loml

HP Recommended

Dear Miss 

HP Recommended

Dear Miss TeriLynn,

I got in touch with the technical support and the result is not satisfactory.

The service did not help me in confirming the nature of the problem (no test done).

At first they rejected all possibility for a replacement and I had to insist strongly for having them checking my file.
They just told me that the repalcement was not possible and provide me with an interent address so I check online on the interent site the nature of the problem. I am now waiting for a code sent to my mail box for a discount price if I buy a new HP printer.
Considering the quality of the customer service, I am wondering whether I will do so.

Sincerely,

Y.

HP Recommended

I'm very sorry to hear that @YvesD_fr, but please know that I don't give up that easily and am still determined to see this resolved for you 🙂

I'm going to send you a private message, just so I can gather some personal details to look a littler further into this. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions.

Will talk with you soon!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Dear Ms. TeriLynn,

My warmest thank you :generic: for your help to solve the problem I had with my HP printer 3522.

After two calls I finally have been recalled by the HP support that proposed me to exchange free of charge my broken printer. I got the refurbished/new one last week and just intalled it this week end. It works perfectly !

My thanks are to be extended to your colleague "one step above" who certainly also contributed tothe solution.

Sincerely,

YvesD 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.