Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had a HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 for a few years.  Recently it has stopped printing blue.

I have done many things that I have seen online to fix it but none of it has worked:

Unplugged and plugged again, reinstalled, cleaned printhead, check cartridges and put in a new one.  I did the Print Quality Diagnostic Page and there is not blue or green on it and I tried everything it had recommended and still nothing works.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Robin19531 ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please print the "Printer Status Report ".

Upload here, click on the icon "Insert photos", "Set format = Large", original size at least 200 KB.
But before you must remove or delete the personal data and printer serial number on the printout.

Regards
Andreas

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Printer Status Report.jpg

HP Recommended

You forgot this

But before you must remove or delete the personal data and printer serial number on the printout.

🤔

HP Recommended

Sorry about that.  I wasn't sure what ones to take off so if you need something, let me know.Printer Status Report B.jpg

HP Recommended

You need to claim the cyan cartridge. It seems to be defective.

You are using Instant Ink, check your records and contact HP.

The cyan cartridge must be replaced.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Or click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

HP Recommended

Do you mean a new cyan (blue) cartridge?  I have already put 2 new ones in there after the one before wouldn't work.  When I go to cartridge level , it shows the cyan as the most ink in there.

HP Recommended

You are using Instant Ink, check your records and contact HP.

More information will be given here "HP Instant Ink ".

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.