cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
colton_manning
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer won't print color

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled my printer software so that my computer could connect to the printer to print, scan, etc. Then, my printer began to print words in increasingly faded and lined (meaning the full words would not print; the words would be cut in half where I would only see the top or bottom half) until eventually no ink would print at all. I did a hard reset with my printer and then it finally printed black ink properly, but I was out of cyan, magenta, and yellow toner so I bought a 902 XL of each. Now, even with the replaced ink, my printer still does not print color. Don't worry, my printer settings aren't on grayscale or black and white.

Can someone help me figure out why my printer will not print in color?

Thanks,

Colton

1 REPLY 1
lcm_1980
Level 3
Level 3
46 44 1 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I understand that your printer is not printing in color. You can refer this document for help: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/8289579/model/1...

Regards

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

***Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left***

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.**
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation