cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer won´t print photos from photo tray

HP Recommended
ENVY photo 6220
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hi, 
I´m currently trying to do some troubleshooting on a printer for my grandpa, but I´m at a loss. His HP ENVY photo 6220 prints just fine. HOWEVER, when trying to print a photo on photo paper from the designated photo tray, it prints it from the standard tray on regular paper. I´ve tried changing the settings when the print settings pop up right before printing, and I´ve tried setting it up from scratch in the system settings, but it just won´t work no matter what. CS is closed for today, so I´m hoping maybe someone on here will know something. The size, the quality, the tray - I´ve tried switching around all of them individually and together, so none of the standard support answers have helped...

TIA!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,928 23,819 1,318 1,403
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Mesdk

Welcome to the HP support community.

Make sure the photo tray is seated correctly

1. Make sure the printer is positioned on a flat surface.

2. Push in the output tray extender.

3. Pull out the input tray, but do not remove it.

Image: Pull out input tray

4. Remove the output tray.

Image: Remove the output tray

5. Make sure the photo tray is seated correctly, and that the photo tray guide tabs (grey) are sliding beneath the main tray guides (black) on both the left and right side of the input tray.

Image: Photo tray properly functioning

Image: Tabs outside and inside guide rails

If they are not in the correct position, gently move the photo tray to align the tab gaps, and then gently press the tabs back into position.

The photo tray should move freely with no resistance.

6. Reinstall the output tray, and then make sure the edges line up with the input tray.

Image: Line up the edges

7. Try to print.

8. If the error persists, try printing or copying a document with the output tray removed.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation