Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer has been having a few connectivity problems so I decided to factory reset the printer an set up from fresh. having accepted that it would log out of online services I proceeded.

Printer all back to "as new" I have set up wifi and all is working. However, it won't print as it cant connect to Instant Ink and cartridges are DRM protected. 

Product number: Z3M47B

Service Enrolled Date: 27 Nov 2017

I have a green "enrolled" tick under printer details on instant ink page

I have a green "online" tick under status on the main instant ink page.

I have a green "online" staus on hpsmart.com page

I have cycled the printer, cycled the router and even set manual DNS to 8.8.8.8 as I have seen in online help forums (although its online so not a problem with the network)

I have disabled and enabled web services but this didn't help

I have turned off my router firewall.

Everything is connected and fine other than instant ink?

Web Services -  Status Enabled
Internet connection - Connected
Printer connection to HP Connected -  Connected

Web Services Settings
HP ePrint - On
Print Apps - On
HP Instant Ink - Disabled

Yet no matter what  I do when refreshing at the top right-hand side of the instant ink page it just says Cannot connect to the printer now. Try again later

I am running out of patience. I want to cancel Instant ink and try to re-enrol the printer but guess this ould mess up current cartridges. I have urgent printing to be done and the printer is a brick costing me £7.99 per month. Please help otherwise I will need to go out and buy an emergency printer and it won't be HP!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bravopapa, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

As the printer was reset to factory defaults, the printer has to be re-enrolled in Instant Ink to resume services. Please contact the HP Instant Ink team in your region for further assistance.

The contact information can be found on the home page. Click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.