cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printhead issue

HP Recommended
Officejet 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an "ink system failure" message on my screen.  It is followed by the missing printhead message..  When I use HP Smart I get ink readings in all 4 cartridges..  I have tried resetting and I soaked the printhead in warm water for several hours and let it dry overnight.   Do I need to force water  (or some cleaner) through the printhead from the cartridge connection nipple? or remove the board on back and clean the contacts and springs?  I have also ordered a replacement cartridge contactor but I do not think anything is wrong with the original because I get the ink level readings.  If the printhead has dried ink, why do I get a missing printhead message?  What do you suggest? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,458 4,447 523 701
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The soaking can be helpful only for print quality issues.

You have a printhead problem, very common on this model, and the printhead will probably need to be replaced.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation