Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 1050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I wanted to make a video regarding the price increase in energy and I need to print dozens of £50 notes for the actors (Gas & Electric) to throw up in the air after "Robbing" me of all the money I have in the world.. I can't get HP Deskjet 1050 to print one side of a £50 note I bought from China specifically for this video completion. As these are printed on the face side and then bundled up to give the impression of wards of money it seemed an easy task until I tried to get the HP printer to print it. It came back telling me this is against the law.

But it's pointless arguing with a machine as they can't comprehend your situation, can they?

Is there any way I can get this printer to do a one-off and print bundles of cash for my video masterpiece?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FabianPruitt,

Here's why you can't and shouldn't copy banknotes on a printer: Why Can't You Photocopy Currency Notes? » Science ABC.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.