Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5055
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I am in dire need of some advice/help. I have a photo in photoshop that I’m trying to print on glossy paper. Whenever I print said photo on my HP ENVY 5055 both the blues and the reds are very different. They become much darker variations and look nothing like my photoshop photo. I have tried switching to RGB and CMYK and no change. I also removed printer profile and went instead with ADOBE 1998 and no change. Can anyone walk me through the steps to fix this. I’ve been at it for two days and I’m incredibly puzzled. Thanks in advance. 

Filmlover_0-1598163098045.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Filmlover Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Printing accurate monitor Colors.

Please let us know are you able to print on normal paper without any issue.

Let Photoshop determine printed colors

If you have a custom color profile for a specific printer, ink, and paper combination, letting Photoshop manage colors often produces better results than letting the printer manage colors. 

• Choose File > Print.

• Expand the Color Management section at right.

• For Color Handling, choose Photoshop Manages Colors.

• For Printer Profile, select the profile that best matches your output device and paper type. If there are any profiles associated with the current printer, they are placed at the top of the menu, with the default profile selected.

The more accurately the profile describes the behavior of the output device and printing conditions (such as paper type), the more accurately the color management system can translate the numeric values of the actual colors in a document. (See Install a color profile.)

• (Optional) Set any of the following options:

Rendering Intent

Specifies how Photoshop converts colors to the destination color space. (See About rendering intents.)

Black Point Compensation

Preserves the shadow detail in the image by simulating the full dynamic range of the output device.

• (Optional) Below the print preview, select any of the following:

Match Print Colors

Select to view image colors in the preview area as they will actually print.

Gamut Warning

Enabled when Match Print Colors is selected. Select to highlight out-of-gamut colors in the image, as determined by the selected printer profile. A gamut is the range of colors that a color system can display or print. A color that can be displayed in RGB may be out of gamut for your current printer profile.

Show Paper White

Sets the color white in the preview to the color of the paper in the selected printer profile. This produces a more accurate print preview if you're printing on off-white paper such as newsprint or art papers that are more beige than white. Since absolute white and black create contrast, less white in the paper will lower the overall contrast of your image. Off-white paper can also change the overall color cast of the image, so yellows printed on beige paper may appear more brown.

• Access the color management options for the printer driver from the Print Settings dialog box, which automatically appears after you click Print.

• In Windows, click the Print Settings button to access the printer driver options.
    • In Mac OS, use the pop-up menu from the Print Settings dialog box to access the printer driver options.
  • Turn off color management for the printer, so the printer profile settings won’t override your profile settings.

Every printer driver has different color management options. If it’s not clear how to turn off color management, consult your printer documentation.

• Click Print.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.