Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4512 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer will not print in color.  PDF files, Word files that show color on the monitor, when I print them they all come out just black and white.  I do not see any option to check color printing.  My color cartridges have ink in them.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @DaveLud1 ,

I think this may be a faulty driver. On the print dialog, can you choose the color option? Feel free to take a screenshot from the print dialog and upload it here. 🙂

Cheers!

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

DaveLud1_0-1596977784559.png

Color appears to be enabled.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the picture.

I think there's something wrong with the driver. Is this the official driver from HP?

If you want to print a PDF file, there is a drop-down menu where you can select the printer you want to use. Please check if there are other drivers / printers available. If so, is there another Envy 4510? 

Cheers!

Nils

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

HP Recommended

As far as I know, this is the official HP driver.  How can I check for updates?  I did the Print/Scan troubleshooter, and the test page that I printed from there did not have any color in it either.  The printer is reporting 1/3 back ink and 2/3 tri-color ink in the cartridges.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Okay, I want you to print a diagnostics report, scan it and upload it here. To print the report,

1. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup

2. Touch Tools.
  3. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report

Please make sure to disguise the Serial Number (SN) before uploading it. 

@DaveLud1 wrote:

I did the Print/Scan troubleshooter, and the test page that I printed from there did not have any color in it either.  

Can you upload the page as well?

Cheers

Nils

HP Recommended

Tonight, I went in and the Print/Scan troubleshooter had 2 4510's listed.  I went into Control Panel and deleted the printer there and reinstalled it.  Now it seems to be printing in color.  Thanks for all the help.  I will check it out and make sure it is all well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.