cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
NicNic58
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Printing on card

HP Recommended
HP4250
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I want to print on a DL (1/3 A4) card

what are the settings please ?

I’ve tried  ‘brochure Matt’ but it jams 

2 REPLIES 2
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,787 25,940 3,096 10,000
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NicNic58 

Welcome to the HP Community.

In general, both printers (that I) checked for this answer support Index Card Paper to 200 gsm / 110lb.

In the case of the "Envy" printer, if the paper size is not listed in the Supported Paper size list, it might be necessary to create a Custom Paper Size form.

Standard International Envelope Sizes
Size Inches Millimeters
C56-3/8 x 9162 x 229
C64-1/2 x 6-3/8114 x 162
C7/63-1/2 x 6-1/289 x 165
DL4-1/4 x 8-5/8110 x 220

There are three "HP 4250" printers, one of which is this one:

HP LaserJet 4250 Printer series 

If this is your printer,

Custom Paper Size and Weight - requirements and setup - is explained in the user manual

HP LaserJet 4250/4350 Series - User Guide

Chapter 2 - starting on Page 68

What if?

If this is your printer ("4520"):

HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer series 

Index Card paper is supported:

Cards
Up to 200 g/m2 (110 lb index)
Up to 20 cards (17 mm [0.67 inch] stacked)

Custom Paper Sizes

Supported custom sizes

To avoid paper jams and other issues when printing on nonstandard custom paper sizes, make sure the dimensions fall within the parameters listed in the following table.
Paper size
Input tray
ADF
76.2 to 127 mm (3.0 to 5.0 inches) wide and 127 to 482.6 mm (5.0 to 19.0 inches) long

☑️

127 to 203 mm (5.0 to 8.0 inches) wide and 241 to 305 mm (9.5 to 12.0 inches) long

☑️

Assuming all else is equal, the problem might be that the weight of your paper exceeds what the printer supports.

What else?

Important

• Correctly identifying the printer model
  • Whether you have installed the Full Driver printer software for the printer
  • Which software / application you are using to view and submit the job to the printer

If you need more help, please provide a bit more detail ...

================================================================================

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Product Home

Enter the type and name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Drimkit
Level 1
15 15 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have no problem printing with this format, but the printer does not accept all types of paper. For example, I use a recipe card maker, if I choose not very thick paper, then the printing goes well. But the printer doesn't want to handle thicker paper.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation