Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY Photo 7855
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Are there any adjustments to the printer that will allow it to print on thicker card stock? Trying to print party invitations and so far printer will not print on the card stock.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@REB13001

The answer is "In my opinion, maybe".

The Specifications for this printer appear to lack any discernible detail for paper weights other than for plain (regular) paper.

I was able to find a resource that indicates the printer supports the following:

Photo paper (up to 300 gsm) 

HP Brochure Matte (typically 180 gsm)

HP Presentation Paper (typically 120 gsm)

Following this logic, card paper may be supported to 200 gsm.

The "settings" might indicate the Media type for card paper is "Index card". 

The trick is to find supported Media type (kind of paper) of a supported weight class, and a Paper Size that are all selectable together.

For example:

If you can select Brochure paper (the card paper is at or less than 180 gsm), but the paper size you need is not available, then try using a Custom Paper Size form (made from a supported brochure form).

If you can select card stock / Index card and the paper is at or less than 200 gsm, but the paper size is not available in combination with that Media type, create a Custom Paper Size from from a supported "card" (Index) form.

From the document list in How-to > Print > Settings and Instructions

Creating Custom Paper Sizes

Print Driver Settings Guide (Mac)

Remember:  I am guessing about the supported card (Index card) paper weight - logically, this makes sense based on the photo paper weight class and the supported Brochure paper.  I did not find an actual document (I did not look "everywhere") to support my assumption.

Reference

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software, Videos, Advisories, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.