Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Lenovo yoga 900 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have been trying to print some documents with my HP Envy 4522 printer. The color cartridge is new but the black/white cartridge is almost empty. But every time I receive an error 'The indicated cartridge can only be used in the printer that initially used it and must be replaced'. What does that mean? At least I have a new colored original cartridge which I had used 2-3 times in my old HP Deskjet 2130 printer, where it worked (and still works) without any problem. But why is it not working with HP Envy 4522? Do I need to buy a new printer or is there any solution for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@manava_evol

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Every Printer uses a different cartridge. You cannot use the cartridge that you used with your old Deskjet 2130 with Envy 4522. The cartridge number of both the Printers will be different. Please buy the cartridges compatible with your Printer.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@manava_evol

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Every Printer uses a different cartridge. You cannot use the cartridge that you used with your old Deskjet 2130 with Envy 4522. The cartridge number of both the Printers will be different. Please buy the cartridges compatible with your Printer.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Betty 0610,

Thank you so much for the reply and the suggestion. I subscribed the monthly printing package for which I got new cartridge for my printer. Now it is working. I am really happy 🙂 🙂 🙂 Thank you once again HP Support Agent.

Best regards,

manava_evol

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.