Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet 4630 e all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Both the black and color ink cartridges are half full and I can’t get anything to print. Not even the rest pages. I’m at a loss on what to do. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Eve32, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If the printer was not used for couple of weeks, the ink cartridges or the nozzles would have been blocked. 

Try making a standalone copy in black and color to check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Follow these steps to run an automated tool to clean the printhead if you found defects on the test page.

1. Load letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to select Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow  to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a printhead test page.

4. Perform 2 cycles of cleaning.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Report

1. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow  to scroll to Tools, and then press OK.

2. Press the Down Arrow  to scroll to Print Quality Report, and then press OK. The printer prints the test page.

If the issue persists, Clean the area around the ink nozzles 

Refer to solution seven, step 6 in this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.