Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had my Envy Photo 7855 for over a year. It was exchanged   several months ago and I thought I was going to be able to print photos with it. When I try to print photos, I have to go in and change all the information for every picture from the main tray, size of paper, etc. I also can only put two 4x6 photo papers in the photo print tray at a time. Even then I sometimes have to play with it to get it to accept the paper. I have been trying to find a way to contact HP by email to let them know how unhappy I am with this product but cannot locate an email address or mailing address. I am so frustrated. I have used and been happy with HP products for many years, including several different printers but this is really making me want to reconsider buying another HP product. Mostly just venting here but would appreciate hearing from anyone else that has had issues with this particular model. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@JBFL, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which application are you using to print photos?

Yes, you will have to change the print settings while printing on normal paper and photo papers.

Make sure the photo papers are correctly loaded in the tray. Refer to - Loading Paper, Cards, Envelopes

To know how to print photos, refer to - How to Print Photos (Windows)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions. I use the pictures application to print. I have been printing photos on many other different HP printers for years but this is the first time I have ever had this many problems. The photo paper is correctly loaded in the tray but if I put more than 2 or 3 papers in at a time, it will not accept the paper. and I get a message that there is no paper in the tray. The paper also seems to be buckled up a little bit when I close the slides. All in all, I am not the least bit pleased with the "Envy Photo Printer," I have actually had better luck in the past with printers that are not shown as being photo printers. I am really happy with the printing of documents, copying, scanning and the other features of the printer, just not the photo printing. I will put up with it because I do not want to buy a new printer but am just thoroughly unhappy every time I try to print photos. 

HP Recommended

@JBFL

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice but I have been through several sessions with technical support and their suggestions would work at least somewhat but they have never solved the problem completely. They also facilitated my receiving a replacement printer which had the same issues. I am going to just live with the problems for now until such time as I need a new printer. I think there is a design flaw with this particular printer. Thanks again for your advice.

HP Recommended

@JBFL

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.