cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Problems prinitng actual size PDF files

HP Recommended
Officejet Prok550
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have this printer since 2006. It still prints document and pictures fine. The problem comes to when printing PDF files: They print but they are only 1/4 the size they should be. I have tried everything the virtual assistant said. The only thing I can not do is reload the software in. It give me an error saying the operating system is not compatible. I would hate to get rid of a printer that still...almost works. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,534 27,294 2,413 8,897
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DavidC2020 

No printer "Officejet Prok 550"

In general, if PDF files are all printing at 1/4 size,

Check to make sure the Page Size settings are not set to multiple sheets per page.

Multiple sheets per page shrinks the print size to accommodate the setting.

Example:

Print_PDF_2_sheets-per-page_1Print_PDF_2_sheets-per-page_1

Instead, Select (in Page Sizing and Handling)

"Size" and then print at the actual size or percentage of 100% (or fit).

Example

Manage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1DManage Print Output with Print Preview_PDF_1D

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Adobe Reader DC – Needed Whether You Use It or Not

If you have not done so,

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC /Optional  Foxit Reader)

HINT:  Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software

NOTE:  Adobe Reader DC software should be installed even if you do not normally open / view / print PDF files directly from the Adobe Reader DC software.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation