Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Product: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw

I have been getting Service Error 79 on my  HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw. 

Tried all options listed here such as disabling IPV6, restarting, upgrading firmware, etc, but the service error 79 keeps coming and the Printer keeps rebooting - almost in a loop. It comes back up, stays for some time, and restarts 

• My HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw has Service error 79 and goes through endless loops of restarting. In the odd times it seems stable it can scan or photocopy, but is "offline" to the pc for printing. Running all the self-help and diagnostics can not find or fix the fault. The firmware is up to date. I gather a full reset is in order but I do not know how to do this. I have uninstalled both pc software and the printer and gone through the setup process several times. I am disappointed as this printer was not cheap and I have spare cartridges too which are printer specific. If I have to retire the printer will have been an expensive misadventure and once bitten twice shy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is very possible that you have a corrupt print jog that keeps crashing the printer. Please follow the instruction in the link below to complete purge any pending print jobs and then see if the error returns when you connect the printer. If it does not, then that is the problem and you will need to figure out if this was a bad job or bad driver. If the error still returns you most likely have a bad formatter on the printer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-print-queue-in-windows-10/c01abbe3...

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If you disconnect all network and usb including wireless, will the device come to ready?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

It will turn on and initialise. However, as soon as you connect to a pc either by RJ45 or USB and try and print the Error 79  message occurs and the printer shuts down and reboots.

HP Recommended

It is very possible that you have a corrupt print jog that keeps crashing the printer. Please follow the instruction in the link below to complete purge any pending print jobs and then see if the error returns when you connect the printer. If it does not, then that is the problem and you will need to figure out if this was a bad job or bad driver. If the error still returns you most likely have a bad formatter on the printer.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-print-queue-in-windows-10/c01abbe3...

HP Recommended

The last firmware seems to be the guilty one !!!!

HP Support are you over there ??

HP Recommended

Many Thanks. That seems to have done the trick so far. If that has solved it then I am very grateful. I have been able to print off the advice for the Print Spooler in case it happens again. Best wishes, Alistair.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.