Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 4120e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

This is a HP 4100e All in one Printer, installed automatically after set up and config but simply will NOT print the colour RED - 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TIREDPROFESSION,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that the Printer is not printing in red. I would like to help you resolve this issue!

Step one: Check the paper

Verify that the paper type is appropriate for the project. If the paper is too fibrous, the ink applied by the printer might not fully cover the print surface.

Step two: Check the print settings

In the software application, you are trying to print from, click File and then click Print. The Print dialog box opens.

Verify that your printer is selected and then click Preferences. The printer Preferences dialog box opens.

Click the Features tab.

Options on the Features tab include:

Print quality: If you are unhappy with the quality of your printouts, try increasing the print quality. To print more quickly, try decreasing the print quality.

Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, choose it rather than Automatic.

Resizing Options: Make sure this matches your paper.

Step three: Check the ink levels

NOTE:

If you have installed a refilled or remanufactured print cartridge, or a cartridge that has been used in another printer, the ink level indicator will be inaccurate or unavailable.

Open the Printer Toolbox.

Open HP Solution Center.

Click Settings.

Click Print Settings.

Click Printer Toolbox.

Click the Estimated Ink Levels tab.

Figure: Estimated ink levels - both cartridges low

NOTE:

A cartridge might be running out of ink even if the graphic shows that there is ink remaining in the cartridge. Lines or streaks always appear in printouts when the cartridges begin to run out of ink. Replace print cartridges that are out of ink or low on ink.

Please follow the remaining steps from this document here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.